Our Eramus+ Project Virtual e-learning for adult education (Virtual) has as its main aim the creation of vocational training content in interactive 3D environments for:
- Guarantee accessibility for all people by reducing the geographical, socio-economic and gender gaps.
- Create more accessible learning environments.
- Develop higher quality virtual environments.
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, distance learning has not used to be constant, but today it is a necessity, as the pandemic has highlighted in the last two years. On-line training as it has been understood up to now, is no longer sufficient and we have realized the need to be improved to give learners a better experience. On the other hand, the next step is virtualisation in an interactive 3D environment. This step is especially important in the case of technical training, where the student can experiment in virtual reality with tools and materials with which they usually work or will work. The target group of this project are vocational students who will benefit from the advantages of training in an interactive 3D environment.
Our principal motivation is the creation of vocational training contents in interactive 3D environments is the fundamental step to bring vocational training closer to any place in the territory with a complete and quality training. The development of this project also aims to guarantee the accessibility of society as a whole, to the opportunities provided by the new virtual educational environments, helping to reduce the digital divide in three areas: urban and rural areas, socio-economic level and gender. Moreover, the virtualisation in a 3D interactive environment will facilitate the creation of educational environments that are more accessible and more widely accepted by those students who need to acquire or improve their skills, multiplying the number of potential users. We consider that quality training developed in virtual environments will favour the access of groups that present some difficulties or reluctance to approach face-to-face training, especially those who were expelled prematurely from formal training and have low qualifications and who also tend to reject more traditional methodologies, those people who live and work in rural or isolated areas with little training on offer and it will also be very positive for adults with dependents and socio-economic difficulties who also tend to have difficulties to follow face-toface training. It will also promote the development of more attractive and higher quality virtual environments, optimising the use of digital tools in training and introducing more innovative elements and methodologies. It will provide educators with the knowledge and tools to enable them to create more interesting and innovative courses, contribute to improving the training offer and attract more students to vocational training.
The main goals of this project are:
- Create an interactive 3D environment that represents a virtual campus.
- Integrate this environment into their training platform that serves as an introduction to the services of this platform.
- Design the environment in a light way, to give access to as many users as possible, and with a modern and attractive appearance.
- Create several versions for different devices.
Avensa Consulting Romania
Avensa is a Romanian private consulting company with more than 20 years’ experience in the implementation of complex technical assistance projects related to the EU acquis, legal approximation, support to public institutions, programme management, monitoring and implementation, training and institutional capacity building, as well as awareness campaigns design/implementation and events organization.
With links to the webpage and Facebook page:
Foro de Formación y Ediciones (FFe) Spain
FFe was founded in 1998 with the aim to provide high quality services as a backstone of their activities. In 2000 they enlarged their field of activities and included the management of training activities and consulting projects. FFE is one of the first Southern European entities to develop e-learning training, being the developer of the main innovations that have been followed by public and private institutions.
With links to the webpage and Facebook page:
1. Needs analysis
It is important to carry out an exhaustive analysis of digital tools for education that facilitate the creation, publication and management of educational materials in digital format. The objective will be to select those who, both in terms of their design and their didactic possibilities, reduce the effort required by the educator to produce multimedia educational content, and allow him/her to generate quality, innovative and appropriate online training for his/her students.
We believe that this report can be of great use to the educational community as a whole, as it is very complex to know the large amount of supply on the market, what it is for and how it can be used and incorporated in the processes of improvement in the supply of high-quality professional training.
2. Materials review and script development
In this activity, an in-depth review of available didactic material will be carried out. Foro de Formación will provide all the available material: data, links, texts, descriptions, photographs, etc. From here, in collaboration with Avensa, a document will be drawn up describing the functions and functionalities of the application. Once the script has been finalised, the partners will validate it and from then on it will serve as a worksheet for the development of the application.
3. Pilot model
The third activity is, at the same time, the most remarkable one, and it is based on the implementation, analysis and work of previous activities. There will be 3 versions of the application. The aim is to cover as many users as possible. Each version is briefly described below:
- WEB GL: This is a version that runs directly in a web browser, without downloads or plugins. browser, without downloads or plugins. Due to its characteristics, this version will have a lower visual resolution. In order to access this version, the user must have a standard browser in its latest versions. It is only recommended to use this version on Desktop.
- WINDOWS: This is the most versatile version. A package can be downloaded from FDF's website to the user's the user's Windows computer. Once downloaded simply click on the executable and the environment opens. Due to its characteristics, it can have a high visual quality, although this quality will also depend on the capacity of the user's computer. user's computer.
- MOBILE DEVICES: There are two subversions: Android and iOS. The user will be able to access Google Play or Apple Store from the FDF website and download the application to their mobile device as usual. mobile device as usual. Due to its characteristics, the graphic quality may be medium. Internet access will also be required on the mobile device for the reasons described above.
The result of this activity will be a pilot version of the campus to test it’s functioning and functionality and to make improvements for the next version of the campus. functionality and make the necessary improvements for the next version.
+40 232 217603